Oct 30, 2011

Husky – Forever So (2011)


No they’re not the Siberian kind, in fact the band title has nothing to do with dogs and after doing a bit of reading on their offical website I was quick to find out that the lead singer, is in fact named Husky Gawenda. The four piece hailing from Melbourne have made a quiet, yet nonetheless impressive statement on their debut album, Forever So.
More folk than rock, Tidal Wave has a calm yet intriguing vibe, Gawenda’s voice is light and sweet, it perfectly suits the chilled tempo that comes from the song. “I gotta go, I gotta go quickly” he also sings a little quicker in the chorus on Fake Moustache, the bass ensures that the songs moves along nicely. History’s Door has the ability to become the bands anthem, its brilliant and easily accessible. “On the bank of a river beneath the trees, I stripped down naked and fell to my knees, I washed my sins away”. The folk brilliance continues on The Woods, where Gawenda’s voice reaches new heights. The Hunter may sound sweet, but there are darker undertones in the lyrics to be heard. “Black light, cold heart, your alive we can’t feel it”. The opening chords give Dark Sea a somber yet epic sound, it’s another highlight to be had.






blog comments powered by Disqus