Mar 14, 2014

Cloud Nothings – Here and Nowhere Else (2014)

Cloud Nothings release Here and Nowhere Else, the followup to 2012′s excellent Attack on Memory, on April 1 via Carpark and Mom + Pop.Frontman Dylan Baldi wrote the eight-track album as the band toured the world in support of Attack on Memory.
”I was feeling pretty good about everything so I just made stuff that made me happy,” Baldi explained in an issued statement. “I had nothing to be angry about really so the approach was more positive and less ‘fuck everything.’ I just sat down and played until I found something that I like, because I was finally in a position to do that.”


Teaming with esteemed producer John Congleton, the entire album was recorded in a week at Water Music in Hoboken, New Jersey. Baldi described the end result as “more subtle,” adding, “It’s not just an in-your-face rock record. There’s more going on. You can listen to a song 20 times and still hear different little things in there that you didn’t notice before. Every time I listen I notice something that I didn’t even realize we did.”

blog comments powered by Disqus