Mar 15, 2012

Holly Golightly and the Brokeoffs – Long Distance (2012)

Holly Golightly has been around the music scene for nearly 20 years, releasing numerous albums as a solo artist, collaborating with others and more recently with her band The Brokeoffs. Off the radar of the major labels, she has managed to plough a furrow with a dedicated fanbase and a work rate that would put most other musicians to shame. ‘Long Distance’ is a new album only in name, as it contains re-recordings of songs from her solo output including covers of some of her favourite artists by popular request from her fans. Holly herself stated “I have picked some of my original band favourites and recorded this collection for old and new fans alike. The highlight for me was the chance to re-record ‘(You Ain’t) No Big Thing,’ the fantastic 1966 Sam and Dave classic that I first started performing live in 1995. It’s one of my all time top tunes, along with ‘My Love Is,’ the fabulous Little Willie John number, which we’ve given a wistful lone banjo accompaniment this time around.”



blog comments powered by Disqus