Aug 26, 2011

Beautiful Nightmares of Nicoletta Ceccoli

 Crows


  "I attended an art school, placed inside the 1500 century  ducal palace of Urbino, Italy..A magical place where time seem to have stopped. My love for the classical art  comes from the air and art I breathed there...The whole city of Urbino is an open air museum ,all is ancient, timeless...Since  i remember I always been surrounded by beautiful children’s book since my childhood and growing up I simply never
stopped buying them.
I always felt the wish  to tell stories with my artworks, to create worlds of my own to live other lives different and more magical than the real one..I found that picture books for children’s where the perfect dimension for me..." 

 Fish Eye

 Angelica

   "Edward Hopper once said:’If I could have said it in words I would have not needed to paint it’. Words gives away the mistery from  pictures.  I think we  should leave a painting to the free interpretation of a person watching it.
 I don’t love to suggest an interpretation and anyway I am not prepared to one answer only . The girls in my paintings  express a delicate nostalgia.
.. vanity or fragilty, cruelty and beauty simultaneously..I feel these girls ,as my other self in between childhood and adolescence
 maybe because inside of me  I don’t feel like an adult yet..."

Girl Castle

Magical Assistant


Elephant Journey

A Fight
Flora

"...the most important thing is to
keep an art experience alive by continue searching and trying
something new without being entrapped in an appreciated and
recognized manner...I am aware , it is not easy when you start being
appreciated for a certain style..."


1 comment:

  1. Svaka slika je bajka za sebe...Predivno!!!Volela bih da udjem u neku od ovih i zauvek ostanem tamo...

    ReplyDelete